Saturday, January 17, 2009

Waffles

I got a new waffle maker for Christmas, so we've been making waffles like crazy in my house. Here are 2 waffle recipes that I got from The Recipe Girl. I love her website and these waffles were great because Eli loved them, and he is a really picky eater. We ended up putting the leftovers in a Ziplock and freezing them. They froze well and I have been pulling them out in the morning and microwaving them for about a minute, and Eli has breakfast. It's been great!
Here's the recipe for Gingerbread Waffles. I didn't like this one as much, but Eli couldn't get enough of these. For the recipe, click here.
The Spiced Apple Waffles are my favorite so far (and Isaac's too). They have apples in them, so I also was excited to trick Eli into eating apples. For the recipe, click here. I didn't have pumpkin pie spice, so I used:

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice

0 comments: